Sunday, December 9, 2007

#71-80

#71. Visit Indiana. I went right outside Indianapolis to visit Uncle Ralph and Aunt Terrie's Christmas get-together. Also, I just recently went into Indiana when I when I was visiting Louisville for the wedding and I drove Lee over to get some pants. Forgetful Sally.

#72. Visit Delaware. Liquor is tax free. Amen. Also, I was assigned to drive the Colonel out to Dover Air Force Base. In Dover, the planes land that are coming over from Iraq to transfer the caskets of the fallen Marines, soldiers, airmen and sailors. I boarded the plane and carefully unloaded the caskets, and prepared them for their dignified transfer by the Dover teams. Very solemn ceremony.


#73. Visit New York. I went up to Times Square for New Year's 2007. See following stories.

#74. Go to Times Square. I felt like Hiro from Heroes. Only I didn't yell anything in Japanese.


#75. Go to Times Square on New Year's Eve. I know its a very touristy thing to do. We arrived in Hoboken, NJ and took the subway into the city. We got to our hotel, Hotel Carter and they ended up charging us close to 200 dollars more for the night. Ghetto. We were complaining and the so-called manager Abdul heard us. He was smitten with Katie and told us to be in the hotel lobby at 8:00pm sharp. Well we said what the hell. We stuffed our coats full of Gatorade mixed with Everclear. As our small throng of people were following Abdul, I had to call off some following ruffians by saying I was bigger than them and I'd make them go away if they didn't on their own. Abdul took us through about 4 police blockades and into a small sectioned off spot of Times Square. In between the stage with Christina Aguilera and My Chemical Romance and where the Ball was going to drop.


#76. Visit Alabama. Home of the finest highways in the nation.

#77. Go to a strip club. Mirage and The Cave are Jacksonville, NC's finest attractions. Full of Marines' wives and daughters of retired Marines. Topless only. Rip. Vanity, formerly Pure Platinum, was Columbus' rep as far as my repertoire goes. Full nudity. Friendly girls. Good times...until you step outside and realize Jesus is looking down on you shaking his head. Cmon Jesus, cut me some slack.


#78. See a bird fly into a window. I was spacing off and then DUD! a bird nailed the window and fell straight down. I felt bad, but it was still pretty funny.

#79. See a lunar eclipse. I realized later than you see this in one degree or another every night. I'm an idiot.

#80. See a solar eclipse. I saw one when I was in 4th grade. We made little projection boxes to see it safely and not looking up and searing our retinas. Safety is paramount!

No comments: