Sunday, December 9, 2007

#11-20

#11. Send significant other a dozen roses. I've done this before but I am sure that when Jess gets lilies, she likes them more. I like the smell of lilies more than roses anyways.

#12. Get married. So, we did a small civil ceremony first, I got her a puppy instead of a ring. We've got the ring now, but I think she still likes the beagle more. We had just finished visiting Brownie at the Animal Shelter and Jess and I took a walk to talk about adopting the beagle. I got on a knee and asked, luckily, she said yes.

#13. Fall in love. I don't think #12 should happen before #13 so they might be out of order. Though she might steal the blankets, snore, take 2 hour long showers, and takes twice as long to cut up veggies, shes ok in my book.

#14. Drink with my parents. When don't my parents drink? Usually I'll kick back some beers.....and lots and lots of tequila with my parents while grilling some steaks, watching some football, or listening to some of the best damn rock'n'roll on speakers that are turned up so loud that I'm amazed the cops haven't shown up.

#15. Sleep under the stars. WARNING. Make sure its not cold outside when you do this. I made this mistake...or rather the Marine Corps did. Who plans a shooting exercise for fun in February? You could see your breath smoke, and your piss steam. Your toes and ears were numb all night and only when you finally might have created enough heat in your sleeping system, it was time to wake up and start shooting again. Though my fondest memory of sleeping under the stars was sleeping in a certain Spongebob Squarepants sleeping bag under the Oxford, Ohio sky resting up for a long night of partying.

#16. Throw a piece of clay. Though Patrick Swayze wasn't there to hold me tight, molding clay the way you want on a turntable is hard as hell. I made some sort of cup that looked like a drunken 5 year old may have been the real artist.



#17. Push a car. People in Washington, DC do not know how to drive in the winter. I don't know how many cars I've pushed out of snow embankments this past winter and I'm praying to the Al Gore God of Global Warming that there isn't a flake of snow this winter.

#18. Ride in a helicopter. Last time I played Marine for a few days we got to shoot some 249 SAWs, our M16s, throw a couple grenades, run through the O and E Course and we got ran around Quantico one of these:

#19. See all 3 Lord of the Rings movies on opening day. I am not a dork. I swear.



#20. Make some kind of jewelry. Alright, so its bound to happen when you smoke so much pot, you decide that Saltines and mayonnaise sound good. Eventually follows homemade hemp necklaces and bracelets. Joan Rivers would be appalled. I say go to the stable and feed your daughter more oats and barley.

No comments: